How to Schedule Posts on Instagram with Later
The best practice of posting daily on all active social media channels can be a challenge for some states. There are a variety of paid and free scheduling tools which can assist with your efforts. In the past, we’ve shared tutorials for how to schedule and publish posts on Facebook natively, and we’d like to introduce another tool which will allow you to schedule some of your Instagram content as well. Enter Later!
For the purpose of this newsletter, we will only focus on features of the free version of Later for Instagram posting, which allows for one user login and the ability to schedule image (not video or carousel image) posts. Apart from Instagram, Later can be used to schedule posts on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Here are a few more of the features for the free account:
Instagram Scheduling Features on Later
Schedule Instagram Posts
- Quick Schedule. Easily bulk schedule single photo Instagram posts! With Quick Schedule, you can create weekly time slots and then just drag + drop to schedule in seconds.
- Note: You will need to manually: tag locations and users of posts, post carousel images and videos, and share Instagram Stories. Scheduling for these posts are not available with the free version of Later.
Visual Instagram Planner
- Drag and Drop Calendar. Just add your photos to the Visual Instagram Planner, drag and drop to see how they’ll look in your feed, and save to schedule!
- Preview Your Instagram Feed. See exactly what your feed will look like with your scheduled posts, and easily rearrange or swap out photos to find the perfect balance for your feed.
Intuitive Calendar Scheduling
- Choose between a weekly or monthly calendar view to get a complete look at your Instagram strategy and scheduled content.
An Organized Media Library
- Keep all your images and user-generated content in one place, accessible on any device by your team. Don’t forget the post content library is available on the ARNGsocialmedia.com site. There you can find downloadable social media post images and post copy (aka captions) with a list of applicable hashtags.
- Bulk Upload. Sync and store photos ready to be accessed on all devices by you and your team whenever inspiration strikes.
- Organize your media with labels so you can quickly find the right photos at the right time! Easily search and filter through your photos when scheduling your post.
- Side Library. The side library is where media library meets the content calendar. It helps organize the media stored in your media library so you can easily search, and repurpose media items and schedule them for multiple social profiles.
- Import from Google Drive or Dropbox. Add your media from your computer, Dropbox, or Google Drive, and effectively organize your content with labels for easy upload and scheduling.
Manage All Your Accounts from One Place
- Schedule to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, & Pinterest. Plan your posts in advance and schedule images to one or multiple social networks. Choose the social profiles you'd like to schedule the same content to, tailor each caption, and quickly customize the crop for each network.
- Manage Multiple Accounts. Manage Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest profiles all from one Later account.
Making Teamwork Easy
- Share Your Instagram Content Calendar. Share your scheduled Instagram posts with your team members, no logins needed! Later’s collaboration feature makes it super easy to share your scheduled Instagram posts with your boss, client, or co-worker. See how your posts will look together on your Instagram feed, in the Instagram app, or check out the calendar view to see scheduled dates and times.
- Monitor trends in your Instagram’s overall performance, measure weekly and monthly growth, and discover which of your posts are driving the most engagement.
- Free Instagram Analytics. Get an overview of your last 10 posts in the last 30 days, and weekly performance reports including total number of likes, comments and a highlight of your top posts.
Get More Likes with Smarter Hashtags
- Organize Your Instagram Hashtags. With Saved Captions, you can organize and save hashtags into categories for easy posting. When it’s time to schedule, simply select one of your Saved Captions to add it to your post!
Find + Collect UGC with Search and Repost
- Collect by Instagram hashtags. Search for content by hashtag and add it directly into your media library to schedule or repost into your own feed.
- Repost high quality images. No more pixelated photos! Share the original photo with your own followers, without losing any of the quality.
- Ensure Proper Photo Credit. Later adds photo credit directly into the caption box, so you never have to worry about giving proper credit to the original source.
*If you prefer to watch a video tutorial about scheduling Instagram posts using Later, here’s a great one that clocks in under five minutes!